June 9, 2022

Media contact: Liz Brocker (701) 328-2210

BISMARCK, ND – Attorney General Drew Wrigley announced that Rebecca Fruge Anderson of Mandan, was ordered to pay $75,904.95 in restitution to the State of North Dakota, after pleading guilty to Medicaid Fraud, a class B felony. Anderson pled guilty in state District Court in November 2021.

The case was investigated and prosecuted by the Medicaid Fraud Control Unit1 of the North Dakota Attorney General’s office with assistance from the ND Department of Human Services’ Program Integrity Unit. Anderson, a qualified service provider, was audited and found to have fraudulently over-billed on Medicaid care, including for services she did not provide between 2017 and 2019.

“Rebecca Anderson fraudulently billed and received more than $75,000 from the Medicaid program,” said Attorney General Wrigley. “Thanks to the efforts of the Medicaid Fraud Control Unit investigators, Anderson will be penalized for her crime and will also have to pay back every dollar she stole from Medicaid.”

In addition to the $75,904.95 restitution, Anderson received a two-year suspended jail sentence, three years of supervised probation and was ordered to pay $810 in court fees. 

# # #

[1] The ND MFCU receives 90% of its funds from the USDHHS under a 2022 grant. The state funds the remaining 10%.

No Comments

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.