Gaming Forms

An organization recognized as a public-spirited organization by the governing body of a city or county may apply for a Local Permit to conduct only bingo, raffles, and sports pools to be conducted throughout the year, or may apply for a Restricted Event Permit to conduct a one-time gaming event where the organization may conduct only bingo, raffles, sports pools, poker, twenty-one, and paddlewheels. The organization applies for a local permit or restricted event permit with the City or County in which the conduct of the games will be occurring.


An organization may not have both a local permit and a restricted event permit at the same time.

Under a local permit or restricted event permit an organization may only award a primary prize that does not exceed $8,000 and total prizes of all games cannot exceed $40,000 per year. The prize cost is determined by the retail price even if the prize is donated.

If an organization’s prizes will exceed the primary prize limit of $8,000 and/or exceed the $40,000 maximum per year, the organization must apply for a State Gaming License.


All recordkeeping forms for state licensed organizations can be found on this site.  The Office of Attorney General is currently in the process of updating the gaming forms to allow organizations to fill in details, auto-calculate, and edit from a computer. Some computers require additional set-up to view and use this updated format. We have attached a Guide For Updated Forms to help, should you receive a “Please Wait” message in place of the form on the screen. If this guide does not help or you encounter a different issue with the forms, please contact our office at (701) 328-4848.

Office of Attorney General
General Inquiries
(701) 328-2210


(701) 328-3404
1-800-472-2600 within ND only

Tip Line

1-800-472-2185 within ND only

Concealed Weapon
Licensing Unit

(701) 328-5523

National Human Trafficking
Resource Center