Any person who will operate, lease or distribute amusement games and devices must be licensed by the Office of Attorney General. The license expires on June 30 each year.
The same form is used for all new applications and license renewal applications. Licenses must be renewed prior to expiration or an additional reinstatement fee will be required. Complete and submit the application form along with the required fee:
- Application for Coin Operated or Other Amusement Games and Devices (SFN 61611)
- If you will own and operate amusement devices at your business the fee is $25/machine for up to 10 machines.
- If you will lease or distribute amusement devices, the fee is $1,000.
Fair boards that authorize amusement devices or bingo at their fairs must obtain a license from, and submit an annual Report to, the Office of Attorney General.
- Annual License Application to Authorize Amusement Games and Devices or Bingo (SFN 7888).
- The application fee is $50.
- Amusement Games or Devices and Bingo Annual Report (SFN 52871).
- The report must be submitted within thirty days after the fair.
For legal advice or assistance, contact the Fair Board’s attorney.
Review the Laws
The applicable laws are contained within N.D.C.C. Title 53.