Transferring an Out of State License to North Dakota

You cannot transfer another state’s concealed weapon training or license to ND. If you want to obtain a North Dakota Concealed Weapon License, you must apply for a license and comply with all requirements for new applicants, including completing the required training (which must be conducted in North Dakota).


You may find it helpful to review reciprocity information.

Office of Attorney General
General Inquiries
(701) 328-2210


(701) 328-3404
1-800-472-2600 within ND only

Tip Line

1-800-472-2185 within ND only

Concealed Weapon
Licensing Unit

(701) 328-5523

National Human Trafficking
Resource Center