The Crime Laboratory provides breath alcohol training and certification for North Dakota law enforcement officers.
- Intoximeters Alco-Sensor FST (AS-FST). Training is completed online. Please enroll in the Alco-Sensor FST Operator Course at North Dakota FST ENROLLMENT: https://trainingacademy.intox.com/nd-ago-fst-enrollment
- When arriving at the landing page, enter in your AS-FST Serial Number. This ensures you are receiving the correct information for your version of AS-FST.
- You then arrive at a cart page that will allow you to add the $0 course to your cart. Enter in your login information if you are an existing user or create a new login if you have not completed this training before.
- Checkout and a confirmation page will appear. Select ‘My Courses’ in the top right to then access your course and begin your training.
Upon course completion, your certificate of completion will be available to download and print from your Intoximeters’ Training Academy profile. Please provide this certificate to your Supervisor and send a copy to the Breath Program at email@example.com.
Intoxilyzer® 8000 Training
The Crime Laboratory is accepting registrations for Intoxilyzer® 8000 Initial Training. The training is free, but agencies are responsible for all travel and per diem costs. The Intoxilyzer® 8000 Initial Training is POST Board certified for 16 hours.
The course is held at the Crime Laboratory, 2641 East Main Avenue, Bismarck, from 0800-1700 on two consecutive days. The Crime Laboratory provides coffee and there is a vending machine for soda and snacks, but officers are welcome to bring their own snacks/drinks.
Registration for the Intoxilyzer® 8000 Initial Training classes is now OPEN.
Registering for a Course
Registration must be completed by a training officer. An officer’s registration for a course is not confirmed until the training officer receives a confirmation email. As class size is limited to 16 officers, a maximum of four officers per agency may be registered for a specific course date. Immediately notify the Lab of any cancellations via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Classes with fewer than four registered officers will be canceled one week prior to the scheduled date and training officers will be notified by email.
Field Inspector, Intoxilyzer 8000
- Please contact the Breath Alcohol Unit to schedule. Call 701-328-6159 or email email@example.com.
GO to Initial Training
The Crime Laboratory provides online recertification training on the following instruments:
- Intoxilyzer 8000
- Field Inspector
- Intoximeters ASFST
GO to Recertification Training
Chemical Test Operator Manuals