Marsy’s Law Resources

The Office of Attorney General is prohibited by law from providing legal advice or assistance to members of the public, including crime victims. ​

If you have questions about your rights under Marsy’s law, you may wish to contact:

  1. The prosecuting attorney’s office.
    • The prosecuting attorney’s office is either the city attorney in the city where the crime occurred or the county state’s attorney in the county where the crime occurred. That information should have been provided to you at the time you received the Marsy’s Card.
      • You will need to contact the city offices or review the city’s website for the city attorney’s contact information.
      • Contact information for the county state’s attorneys is available on the ND Supreme Court website.
  2. The Victim Witness Coordinator for your region (contact the county state’s attorney’s office to obtain contact information).
  3. The relevant county jail.
  4. CAWS ND or your local domestic violence/rape crisis center.
  5. An attorney in private practice.

If you believe your rights under Marsy’s Law have been violated, you may wish to contact the prosecuting attorney or an attorney in private practice. The Office of Attorney General cannot address such complaints.

Office of Attorney General
General Inquiries
(701) 328-2210


(701) 328-3404
1-800-472-2600 within ND only

Tip Line

1-800-472-2185 within ND only

Concealed Weapon
Licensing Unit

(701) 328-5523

National Human Trafficking
Resource Center