The ND CJIS Portal has been in operation since 2005. The system allows authorized criminal justice professionals to search information and set up notifications through a secure website. Information available on the ND CJIS Portal for reference in connection with criminal justice purposes includes:
- Booking records,
- Concealed weapons licenses,
- Criminal History records,
- Central Warrant Information System (CWIS) entries,
- Driver’s license and motor vehicle records,
- DNA information,
- Highway Patrol citations,
- Hunting and fishing licenses,
- Offender Registration,
- Protection Orders,
- Parole and probation information,
- Watercraft Licenses, and
- Incident records from many local law enforcement agencies.
Access to the ND CJIS Portal is available only to authorized criminal justice individuals working for an authorized criminal justice agency. An agency must complete an Agency Security Agreement before employees from that agency may apply for access.
To apply for access to ND CJIS, employees from an authorized agency must:
- Complete the online Individual User Agreement (one per individual applicant), as outlined in the Online CJIS Portal Application Process Instructions.
- Complete 2 blue FBI fingerprint cards for a fingerprint-based background check. These cards are available to law enforcement through the FBI by calling 1-304-625-3983.
- Mail fingerprint applicant cards to:
Office of Attorney General - ND CJIS
600 E Blvd Ave, Department 125
Bismarck, ND 58503
After submission, the Agency Administrator must approve the application, as outlined in the Agency Administrator Online Application Instructions. The application process takes approximately two weeks from the time application approval and fingerprints are received by ND CJIS. Agency administrators will be notified by email with application results.
Training and Support
To request training or open a ticket for issues related to the ND CJIS Portal, please call (701) 328-4470 or (877) 328-4470 or visit https://www.nd.gov/itd/onlineincident/createincident.aspx.