The Licensing Section issues state licenses to:

  • Alcoholic Beverage Retailers; 
  • Amusement Games and Fair Boards;
  • Firework Wholesalers;
  • Charitable Gaming Organizations; 
  • Manufacturers and Distributors of Gaming Equipment and Supplies; 
  • Polygraph Operators; 
  • Tobacco Retailers, Wholesalers and Manufacturers; and
  • Transient Merchants. 

Licensees must meet eligibility requirements set by law. 

Search for license holders

Information for License Applicants

The local city or county where you intend to conduct business may have additional licensing or permit requirements. Please check with the local governing body to determine if there are any additional requirements for you to work or conduct business in the area.

Be aware that there may be other state laws or regulations that apply to your business activity in North Dakota. It is your responsibility to ensure that you comply with the laws of North Dakota when you do business in the state.

  • For legal advice and to ensure compliance with all state laws and other regulations, contact an attorney.