March 6, 2018: Proposed Amendments to Games of Chance Administrative Rules and Notice of Intent to Amend. The public hearing on the proposed rule amendments was held on April 9, 2018. The comment period closed on April 19, 2018.
April 30, 2018: The comments received by the comment deadline were considered by the State Gaming Commission, which then submitted the final draft rules to the Legislative Council.
- Transcript of the public hearing held April 9, 2018.
- Public comments received.
- Minutes of the State Gaming Commission meetings on
- Final draft proposed amended rules, April 30, 2018.
The Gaming division regulates, enforces and administers charitable gaming in North Dakota, performs audits and investigations of gaming organizations; reviews gaming tax returns, administrative complaints, and provides training for charitable gaming organizations.
- During the 2015-2017 biennium, licensed gaming organizations grossed over $547 million, raising over $42 million for charitable uses and generating $6.5 million in gaming taxes for the state's general fund.
The Gaming division also enforces the tribal-state gaming compacts, which authorize the state's Native American tribes to conduct gaming at casinos on tribal land. The division conducts random inspections at the state's five Indian Casinos to ensure game integrity and compliance with wager limits and prize payout ratios.
For information about the tribal-state gaming compacts, contact the Governor's Office.
North Dakota Lottery
The North Dakota Lottery is responsible for administering, regulating, enforcing, and promoting the state’s lottery. Find information about games and retailers on the ND Lottery website.