Mail the completed application and all required documents to the BCI. The BCI does not accept applications submitted by fax, email or hand delivery. Make sure you include all required documents and have signed and dated the application, or it will be returned to you.
- The application must be postmarked within 30 days of the testing date. Applications submitted more than 30 days after the testing date are invalid and cannot be processed.
What must be included with the Application
All new and renewal applications must include:
- A non-refundable application processing fee of $60.
- Cashier's check or money order payable to “North Dakota Attorney General.” No personal checks, cash or credit cards. Write your name on the cashier's check/money order; AND
- A photocopy of your current driver’s license; AND
- Two color passport photos.
- Contact a local retailer to obtain official passport photos. You may not wear headgear, uniforms, sunglasses or prescription eyeglasses in the photos. Write your name on the back of each photo.
In addition, you must also include the following documents, as applicable:
- You must include two fingerprint cards. Contact law enforcement or a test administrator.
- No fingerprints are required for renewal of same class license.
- A copy of a valid concealed carry license from your home state of residence. (You are a resident of whichever state issued your driver’s license.)
- If your state does not have reciprocity with ND, you are not eligible for a ND license.
ACTIVE DUTY MILITARY:
- If you are not a ND resident, attach a copy of your PCS orders to ND.
- Active duty military personnel are not required to have a concealed carry permit from their home state.
APPLICANTS BORN OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES:
- You must be a legal resident of the US. If you were born outside the United States or its territories, attach a copy of your US-issued Born Abroad birth certificate OR the Alien Registration/INS Registration documentation OR a Naturalization certificate OR a valid US Passport.
Where to send the application
Mail the application and all required documents to:BCI-CWL
PO Box 1054
Bismarck ND 58502
Only one application per envelope. Before mailing the application, check to make sure you have signed and dated the application and included ALL required documents. Incomplete applications or those missing required documents will be returned.