Current Test Administrators
Only individuals authorized by the BCI may conduct testing for the ND concealed weapon license. ALL civilian AND law enforcement test administrators must comply with the following:
- At least 15 days prior to conducting instruction or testing, you must complete and submit the Course Information Form to the BCI.
- You must complete the BCI’s Class Roster for every class you teach or test you administer. You must submit all roster forms to the BCI within 15 days of the testing date. You must keep a copy of the class roster for one year.
- The testing must be completed within the state of North Dakota and cannot be held in conjunction with testing for any other state.
- You may charge a maximum of $50.00 (plus range fees, if applicable). The fee includes a complete copy of the current ND Concealed Weapon License Manual for the applicant to keep. Range fees (if applicable) may not be paid directly a test administrator.
- You may only conduct training and testing procedures according to the requirements established by the BCI.
Please remind your students the completed application must be submitted by mail to the BCI within 30 days of the testing date.
Test Administrator Applicants
- The application deadline has passed. The BCI is no longer accepting applications for the test administrator certification course. Do not submit applications – they will be discarded.
Test Administrator Applications
Applicants for the course must complete a Test Administrator Application and submit it to:BCI - Concealed Weapons Section
Bismarck ND 58502
Application postmark must be on or before the specified deadline. Late applications will not be accepted. Application forms may not be submitted by hand, email or fax. Applications for the test administrator certification course are processed in the order received. The BCI prescreens the applications and conducts a criminal history record check on each applicant.
Test Administrator Certification Course
- The Certification Course will be held on Friday December 9, 2022.
The one-day Certification course consists of classroom instruction and a course of fire. All certification classes are held in Bismarck, ND. The instructor certification course is free, but the applicant is responsible for costs associated with attendance. A civilian certified test administrator must also possess a valid North Dakota Concealed Weapon License. Applications will be available at the certification class; successful completion of the instructor course fulfills the training requirements for a concealed weapon license.
The class size is limited. All applicants will be notified by the BCI at least two weeks prior to the course date whether they have been selected for the class. Successful applicants will be provided with additional details about the course. No inquiries please.