Report A Lost or Stolen License

If your license has been lost, stolen, or destroyed, you may request a free replacement from the BCI. Simply send a written request to the BCI and include your full name, current address, date of birth, and the reason you need a replacement license.

For security reasons, the BCI is not able to accept these notifications via e-mail or phone. Mail your letter to:

PO Box 1054
Bismarck, ND 58502

Please allow 2 - 3 weeks for the replacement license to be issued. 

  • If you want confirmation that BCI received your letter, you may want to send it certified mail with a return receipt.