Address Change

By law, you must notify the BCI of a change of address. Mail a letter with your full legal name, date of birth, old address and new address, and the effective date of the new address to:

PO Box 1054
Bismarck, ND 58502

If you want confirmation the BCI received your letter, you may want to send it certified mail with return receipt.

  • If you moved out of North Dakota, the status of your ND concealed weapon license may be affected. You will need to check the laws in the state you now reside. ​
  • For security reasons, we can only accept a change of address notification received by mail.

Replacement License

If you would like a replacement license with your new address, you must send in the old license with your address change letter. If you do not send in the old license, we will not issue an updated license.

  • You are not required to get an updated license - your license is still valid even if it has your old address.
    • If you send in your license to have it updated, you cannot carry concealed until you receive the updated license.

Please allow 2 - 3 weeks for the updated license to be issued.