Before Completing the Application
Note – ALL new applicants and any Class 1 Renewal applicant must complete the required training before submitting an application. Please contact a test administrator to schedule your training and testing. Check with the test administrator before completing the application – many test administrators provide a computer and printer at the training site for this purpose.
The same online application is used for new and renewal applications, and for both Class 1 and Class 2 licenses.
- Once you have completed the online application, you will need to submit it AND print a copy to mail in.
- If you are renewing a Class 2 license or downgrading from a Class 1 to a Class 2, no additional testing is required.
- The same application is used for resident and non-resident applications. Nonresidents: all testing must be completed within North Dakota.
- The application fee is the same for new applications and renewals: $60.
- If your current license expires while your renewal application is pending, you cannot carry concealed until you receive your renewed license.