The 66th Legislative Assembly approved an appropriation to the Office of Attorney General to fund grant awards to organizations involved in providing prevention and treatment services related to human trafficking victims. Funds are awarded through a competitive application process.
- The grant application period has ended. We are not accepting any applications at this time.
Eligible Program Participants
Grant funds are disbursed through a political subdivision partnering with the organization involved in providing prevention and treatment services to human trafficking victims.
- For purposes of the grant, a political subdivision is defined as a county, township, park district, school district, city, and any other unit of local government which is created either by statute or by the Constitution of North Dakota for local government or other public purposes.
- Grant funds cannot be awarded directly to non-government organizations, but a grantee may contract for services from such an organization.
Human trafficking grant funds may be used for the development and implementation of:
- direct care emergency or long-term crisis services,
- residential care,
- training for law enforcement,
- support of advocacy services, and
- programs promoting positive outcomes for victims.
Grant funds cannot be used to supplant state and local funds. In addition, grant funds cannot be used for:
- Lobbying, research or research projects, fundraising, or construction or remodel projects
- Providing out of state direct services or training (excluding referrals).
Length of Award
The grant award commences July 1, 2019, and continues through June 30, 2021. Continued funding cannot be guaranteed. Applicants should secure local funding so that projects may be continued after the grant ends.
The grant application period has ended.
- June 2019: Notice of funding availability is made.
- July 2019: Application deadline.
- August 2019: Drug & Violent Crime Policy Board meets to review applications and make funding recommendations to the Attorney General.
- Award and denial letters are distributed to applicants. Awards are retroactive to July 1, 2019.
- June 2021: Funding award ends.