The 64th Legislative Assembly approved an appropriation to the Office of Attorney General to provide one-time funding for human trafficking victims treatment and support services. Funds were awarded through a competitive process to organizations that were able to demonstrate involvement in providing prevention and treatment services related to human trafficking victims, in coordination with supporting units of state and local government.
Grants were awarded in February 2016, and grantee projects commenced. The grant period ends June 30, 2017.
Types of Programs Funded
- Development and implementation of direct care
- Emergency or long term crisis services
- Residential care
- Training for law enforcement and victim service providers
- Support of advocacy services
- Programs promoting positive outcomes for victims